Explorer Scouts are young people in Scouting usually between the ages of 14 and 18. They have an exciting, vibrant programme, a challenging and fulfilling award scheme, and above all they have a great time while developing skills for life.
The District Explorer Scout Administrator (often abbreviated to DESA) is an important role to play in Explorer Scouting in the District. They are the hub of communication, maintaining a free flow of information across the four Units to ensure that every Explorer Scout has access to the full District Explorer programme. It can be a challenging a role, but a deeply rewarding one as you see your efforts transformed into better and better Explorer Scouting for more and more young people.
We are looking for a motivated individual to help this section flourish. The role is flexible and perfect for anyone with limited time, looking to assist scouting in the district but doesn’t perhaps have time to organise/commit to a weekly programme of activities. That being said there is nothing stopping the DESA participating in Explorer Activities on an informal basis if they’d like to get to know the young people and their leaders better.
- Development and upkeep of the District Explorer Scout Records using Online Scout Manager.
- Tracking of Top Awards such as the Duke of Edinburgh, Chief Scout Platinum and Diamond, Queen Scout, Explorer Belt and Scouts of the World Award.
- Keeping and maintaining records of all Partnership Agreements set up between supporting bodies and Explorer Scout Units and that all subsequent updated copies are also kept.
- Advising Explorers Scouts of all additional District, County, Regional, National and International events and activities.
- Keeping records of all Explorer Scout meetings held at District level on the District Sharepoint system.
- Liaising with GSL(s) and Scout Leader(s) to maintain a register of Scout Section members over the age of 13, to assist recruitment in Explorer Scout Units through the effective use of the moving on award.
- Communicating with potential Explorer Scouts to make them aware of the opportunities available to them in Explorer Scouting.
- Informing the DSNC and local Scout Network Co-ordinators of all potential Network members.
- Maintaining a high level of Communication with all Explorer Scouts and Explorer Scout Leaders in the District, to assist retention.
- Assisting the DESC, District Treasurer and Section Leaders to ensure Membership fees are collected.
- Any other tasks as agreed with District Explorer Scout Commissioner.
Reports to: District Explorer Scout Commissioner, Andrew Pearson.
Appointment Requirements: To understand and accept The Scout Association’s policies, complete a satisfactory DBS clearance and Completion of Module 1, Essential Information. Computer skills, access to email and the Internet is essential. It expected that whilst volunteering for this role you will undertake regulated activity.
Express Interest in Volunteering
Comments are closed.