The Assistant District Commissioner for Adventure is fantastic new role and the opportunity to support young people get out into the outdoors and have new exciting experiences that push them out of their comfort zones and help them grow.
Specific areas of responsibility include
- Grow the number of NGB Awards and Permit holders in the District.
- Support Active Support Units and other event organisers with the running of events.
- Facilitate skills events and training opportunities for adventurous activities and practical skills.
- Encouraging both residential experiences in the UK and abroad.
- Supporting groups to provide an innovative and balanced programme.
- Developing the District’s two activity centres in conjunction with the site’s managers and wardens.
- Help groups embrace Digital Technology and innovative new programme delivery methods to learn new skills and engage young people in the outdoors.
- Support the District Commissioners in the development of the District Community.
District Commissioner and Deputy District Commissioners
Knowledge and experience
- A scouting background and knowledge are not essential though the ability to communicate and provide vision whilst motivating and leading adults is.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Build, maintain and facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to negotiate compromises
- Ability to initiate and support projects and iniatives
- Construct and implement long-term plans that improve and grow Mersey and identify any training, resources and other needs required to undertake this work
- Enable others to identify issues, clarify objectives, develop attainable objectives and gain the necessary skills and confidence to work as an effective team
By submitting your information, using the form below, you are consenting to the storage and handling of your data by Mersey Weaver District Scout Council for the purposes related to becoming an adult volunteer in The Scout Association.