There are many opportunities for activities both on and offsite. Hiking in Frodsham/Helsby Hills, Delamere forest, Sandstone trail. Climbing and Bouldering on the crags on Frodsham and Helsby Hills. High ropes at GoApe in Delamere forest, water activities on the River Weaver and Manley Mere. As well as visits to the Mouldsworth Motor Museum, the Blue Planet Aquarium, Ellesmere Port Boat museum, Catalyst Museum in Widnes, FabLab in Ellesmere Port and many more. The nearest public transport (Helsby or Frodsham Station) are about two miles away and there large are supermarkets in both Frodsham and Helsby.
Facilities at Queen Charlotte’s Wood
- Pioneering Poles are available but must be replaced in the racks after use.
- Toilets and Showers for campers are available at the southern end of The Hideaway
- The Camp Chapel is available for Scout’s Own and similar services. Please respect this tranquil spot.
- An Orienteering where can i buy modafinil uk Course for cubs is available on the Site. Ask the booking warden for details.
- An Archery Range is provided but must be used under strict supervision. Permission must be obtained from our qualified instructor who can be contacted through the booking secretary.
- Mobile Climbing Wall
- Campfire Circles. The main circle is situated behind The Hideaway. There is a smaller circle at the western end of the Site between Badger’s Rake and the Alders.
- Camp Blanket Badges. These can be purchased from the Duty Warden. See design on site map.
Facilities in the Surrounding Area
- Climbing and Abseiling on crags in Helsby and Frodsham. Contact the District Mountain Activities ASU for advice.
- Sandstone Trail can be picked up on the Ridgeway next to the caravan park.
- Delamere Forest. There are cycling and walking trails and a visitor’s centre
- Adventure Trail at Manley Mere
- Canoeing and Sailing at Chester steps, Manley Mere and River Weaver. Contact the District Water Activities ASU for advice.
- Windsurfing at Manley Mere. Contact the District Water Activities ASU for advice.